The Rastafari way of life
The way of life for Rastafarians is “simplicity is more!” This is not true for all Rasta, but using Bob Marley as an example once again, how many times did you see Bob wearing a 3 piece suit?, or Gold jewelry around his neck? Rastafari is a spirituality that believes all worth comes from within, not from without. We also believe that dressing up in expensive clothes, or wearing expensive jewelry doesn’t bring a person closer to God (Jah). What brings a person close to God, is the desire to know God, and to share his hope that one day there will be global unity amongst all humanity.
What are some Rastafari beliefs and principles?
Some of the Rastafarian principles and beliefs are…
- Rastafarians do not drink alcohol
- Rastafarians do not smoke cigarettes
- Rastafarians do not eat red meat
- We have many more values and beliefs to read about them check out this link on the Rastafari beliefs.
- Was Bob Marley Always a Rasta?
- What is the the 12 Tribes of Israel?
“Rasta Meditation Handbook: How to do a Zion (High) Mediation”
Coming Soon to amazon.com
- Rasta Lion of Judah Meaning
- Jah Rastafari Morning Prayer
- Rastafari in 10 Points
- 7 Reasons Why People become Rasta
- How To Tell if Someone is Rastafari
Beliefs on life after death, and Equal rights and justice
- We believe everyone should be treated equal, regardless of his skin colour, or class, or level of education
- Rastafarians do believe in life after death in “Zion“, otherwise known as “heaven”
…Many of our beliefs can be found in the Christian bible, if you would like to learn more.
Why did bob Marley smoke so much weed?
I believe Bob Marley smoked a lot of “pot” because he liked it! lol, he probably smoked a lot of herb, because we Rastafarians don’t believe in smoking something that is unnatural and is jam-packed with additives, such as cigarettes. Also, plenty of Rasta smoke as an “Iditation” as we call it, or a “meditation” as it is known. Smoking herb will bring out your thoughts in a much deeper, more meaningful way. I just made that up. lol. No, Really, smoking pot is not for every one. I am Rasta and I do not smoke herb. So this is certainly not a requirement in the Rastafari spirituality.
What are some things Rastas do different from others?
- Rastas believe in natural medicine, there for most Rastafarians do not take over the counter pharmaceuticals.
- Rasta try our best to use natural products for the home and body. Such as natural shampoos, and tea tree oil for cleaning floors and counter tops.
- Rastas believe God is always with us so we don’t mind long periods of silence as much as most people do…
- Rasta smoke marijuana to relax us and to slip into state of meditation. This does not work for everyone, nor is this true for every Rasta woman or Rasta man.
I want to become Rasta!
If you want to become Rasta there isn’t anything you really have to do. Rastafari is in the heart. You can grow your locks or not, this is a personal choice. For a Rasta man or Rasta woman, the growing of the locks is the final declaration that tells the world, this is who I am, you either accept me or “bite me” lol. No, but we do take the locking of the hair very seriously. One should never feel forced to lock their hair. Mostly Rastafari is about respecting nature and humanity as gifts and creations of God. To read more on how to become Rasta, click here.
why do Rastafarians wear the Rasta colors red yellow and green?
Rastas wear the Rasta colors cause it makes them feel good. I did a post on this not too long ago. Check out the Rasta colors and how they make me feel blog post.
What is the meaning behind the Rastafari lion flag?
The meaning of the Rastafari flag, is deeply rooted in Ethiopian history. In fact the Rastafari flag is the old style Ethiopian flag. I love that Rasta lion. The Rastafari Flag colors represent, the blood shed of the African people, the Sunshine of the African Land, and the greenery of the African continent. The flag also represents, hope, strength, a love of all humanity, pride, a love for God, and the spiritual self. Red more about the Red Yellow and Green Flag Here.
Why do Rasta cover their Dreadlocks?
Rastafarians cover their hair in a Rasta hat to keep their hair clean. There are many pollutants in the air…hair does get quite dirty being exposed. Rastas also cover the hair to keep the locks free of “lint.” When you have dreadlocks you must take care to prevent unwanted particles from becoming lodged in the deadlock. This is the biggest reason we Rasta cover our hair.
how does a person grow Bob Marley dread locks?
It’s very easy to get dreadlocks. I will explain how most african american people do it. I’m sure these methods will work for straight hair too. Use some bees-wax or just use nothing, and twist your strands of hair into locks. Depending on your hair texture you then probably want to hold the ends with elastic rubber bands, or bundle your “lock twists” into a pony tail, while they have the lock gel, or lock wax on them. Another thing you can do is wash your hair with Aloe. Real aloe! not aloe gel from the drug store. Go buy the ”aloe plant” and wash your hair with it. Be sure to section out your hair in to the sizes (strands of lock sizes) you want your hair to grow. The size of each individual parting in the scalp, is the size the dread lock will be once it is mature. Different locks will mature at different times. Also it is extremely important, when you begin this process for the first month only, do not wash the hair…this helps to speed up the dreading process so that the “virgin” hair can become matted. Be sure to sleep with your hair covered in a silk scarf at night, and a Rastafarian hat in the day. This keep locks free of lint particles as stated above. Or if you really want dreadlocks exactly like bob Marley’s Rasta hair, you can free-form, and do nothing. Just let your hair “Knot up” on its own. For more and how to make Bob Marley dreadlocks Rasta hair click here. Jah Rastafari, One heart!
- Why do Rasta cover dreadlocks?
- Rasta Beliefs on marriage
- How to be a true Rastafari
- 6 Rules to cook Ital food
- 7 Reasons why people become Rastafari
- How to Create your Rasta Name
- How do Rasta lock their hair?
- 7 Ital Food Recipes
- 67 spiritual uses for Incense
- The Bible: How to be Humble