Rastafari Twelve Tribes of Israel & Prophet Gad
- Spirituality – By King Selassie I
- The Bible – By King Selassie I
- Leadership – By King Selassie I
- The Essence of Power – By King Selassie I
- A New Way of Life – By King Selassie I
- Living in Peace – By King Selassie I
Blessed Love to each and every one. In the name of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.
I found you guys really liked my blog post about King Dawitt King of Ethiopia(1507-1540), so I thought I would look up some more information pertaining to Rastafari for you.
I really didn’t know what the Twelve Tribes of Israel meant as it pertains to Rastafari, so I looked it up in a book called…”Rastafari: A very Short Introduction.”
Here is what I learned.
The Prophet Gad (aka Vernon Carrington) , founder of the Rastafari group called the Twelve Tribes of Israel, believed that his mission was to reconstitute the ancient Hebrew tribes that bore the names of the sons of Jacob. Based on their birth month, all the members are assigned to a tribe and associated with a certain characteristic:
I had to read that twice to really get it. I immediately understood that Gad, was a prophet.
|Zebulon||September/Elus||Order and Compassion|
Upon Further Reading:
- The Twelve Tribes of Israel Mansion of Rastafari was founded in 1968
- Prophet Gad was reading the bible and receive a call from Jah, to “Reunify the Lost Tribes of Israel”
- They follow the Hebrew Calendar that Starts in April and ends in March
Beliefs of the Twelve Tribes of Israel:
Jesus Christ vs.King Selassie I
The Twelve Tribes are often dubbed “Christian Rasta’s” because while other Rasta’s tend to repudiate Jesus Christ, associating him with the Jesus of Lubeck, One of “John Hawkins” slave ships, Twelve Tribes members insist that Jesus Christ of the new testament, is the messiah and the only savior of humankind. To them Selassie was a Divine King from the same Linage as King David, Full filling the biblical prophecy, “The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet until Shiloh come, and unto him shall the gathering of the people be”(Genesis 49:10) He was a twentieth Century Representative of Jesus Christ, but he was not the expected messiah who will return in the bodily form in which he ascended into heaven.
This was very interesting for me to read. I had no idea about what the Twelve Tribes of Israel Rastas Believed before today. As for me? King Selassie I has filled up my life with so much beauty wonder and awe. I will leave you on that note. I have a “Jah Rastafari Prayer book” coming out. It should be on amazon.com any day now.
I want to thank you for reading this blog post. Share it if you find it interesting.
King Selassie I & Empress Menen Too. Now that I am older, I find I appreciate my faith a lot more. I really know the true beauty, blessing and wonder of Rastafari.
- What is the Twelve Tribes of Israel Have to do with Rastafari and Jesus Christ?
- What are some popular Rasta Books by Empress Yuajah?
- Who is King Dawitt of Ethiopia?
- How do Rasta Pray in the Morning?