Allowed and not allowed….
- Permed hair (chemically straightened)
makeup especially in bright colors
the use of swear words
- More than one sex partner
- talking about sex
- showing the hair when many men are around
- Using hair locks to attract sexual attention
- wearing clothing that accentuates the buttocks or chest area
- Speaking of sexual experiences
- experimenting with anything
Encouraged for Rasta Empress to
- Wear her hair natural
- Tone down her makeup or wear no make, no bright colors
- Have on husband or Kingman
- refrain from speaking about sex
- keep the hair covered int he presence of men she does not know and in public places
- Wear clothing that is comfortable yet feminine such as dresses and skirts
- Keeping sexual experiences private
- No Gossip
Rastafari is a faith of humbleness and modesty. We don’t follow the ways of Babylon that wants to invoke lust, and cause women to look like street walkers. Often I want to wear a pink metallic looking lipstick, this is my favorite. One day I was wearing pink earrings and put on the pink lipstick, I felt I looked like someone who was selling sex. I immediately took off the earrings because that is not a Rastafari color for clothing anyway, and I wiped of the lipstick, because I knew that it was of Babylon. Rastafari women can wear make up but the colors must be muted and the makeup subtle.
I know Babylon has many temptations, its easy to want to fit in….keep the laws of Jah, and step into eternal life.