Did you know you can learn to speak Jamaican Patois?
Here are 7 Questions to know if this program is right for you
- Would you or did you ever visit Jamaica?
- Do you ever hear Jamaican people talking amongst themselves and feel left out… but deep down you would like to join them?
- Do you ever listen to Reggae music and wonder what the artist is saying?
- Do you love the sound of the Jamaican Accent and twang?
- Do you feel confident enough to speak Jamaican but just need a little help with the pronunciation?
- Do you wish you could understand 100 when all Jamaican people speak to you?
- Do like to hang around Jamaican people and listen to the lingo
If you answered Yes to these questions the speak Jamaican program may be right for you. Here are some examples of Jamaican Patois from the program.
- Baan- Born. A weh ya baan? (Where were you born?)
- Baby madda– Mother of a child.
- Babylon (bah-bee-lon)- A Rasta word for the police and the corrupt system.
- Backside (bok-side)- Refers to someone else’s self, expressed towards another person. A rude way to refer to someone. Move yu backside. (Move your self).
- Badda (bad-da)- Bother. Naa Badda mi. (Don’t bother me.)
Bad like yaz- Expression for saying something is really cool.
- Bad man/bwoy– Criminal type guy. A really bad individual. Bad man no flee. (Gangsters don’t run away.) Dat a bad bwoy. (That is a gangster.)
- Bag juice– The cheapest fruit punch money can buy.
- Bait (be-it)- Scoundrel, punk, scum, and these types of people. Ooman naa like bait. (Women don’t like punks.)
- Bald head– A Rasta label for one who is too caught up with the evil system—Babylon. Also is anyone who is a non-dreadlocks; usually white people.
- Bandu– A hair band worn by women.
Bandulu (ban-doo-loo)- criminal; crooked activity; also means a fake passport/visa.
- Bare (beer)- Only. Is bare pickney yahso. (There’s only children here.)
Bash, Bashy- This is a popular slang term that means cool, awesome, nice stuff, ECT.
- Bashment- A great event or happening; dancehall; party. Also the same as bashy above. Dem bashment gyal. (They are girls who like to party.). Wi gwaan hab a bashment time. (We are going to have a great time.)
- Batty– Primarily means butt; also signals to homosexuals. ‘Im a battyman. (He is gay).
- Beg– To ask; also means to beg. Di man dem beg fa jooks. (The men beg for sex.)
- Big up– This is a popular term for saying what’s up and a gesture of tribute. Big up uno dem. (Praise to all of them).
- Bill- A basic Jamaican $100 bill. Worth just over two U.S. dollars.
- Blessed- A Rasta word; blessing(s).
- Bling– Flashy and expensive; necklace or chain. Look pon mi bling. (Look at my chain).
- Bloodclot– Strong curse word.
- Bloodfire (blud-fiah)- Hell.
- Blouse an skirts– Politcally correct version of the curse word bumboclot.
- Bly- Favor or chance. Mi mus get a bly. (I must get a chance.) Usually referring to driving on the road.
- Bobo dread– A certain sect of Rastas that wear turbans and carry brooms to signify cleansiness. They are of the Bobo Shanti order and are true followers of Prince Emmanuel.
- Bodderation (bod-da-ray-shun)- A comical version of “Bother.”
- Bokkle (bok-el)- Bottle.
- Boots- Condoms; also shoes.
- Bout– About. Naa worry bout it. (Don’t worry about it).
- Bow– to perform oral sex; mostly on a woman.
- Box- To fight and punch. She box ‘im face. (She punched his face.)
- Bredda– Brother.
- Bredren– Fellow friends and collegues; brothers in unity.
- Browning– Complementing a black person of light skin, and good complexion.
- Bruk– Broke, broken, break. Nuh bruk it. (Don’t break it).
- Brukout- A climax of pure energy and excitement; to act unruly. Usually at a party.
- Buck- To accidentally bump into; to meet by chance.
- Bud– Bird.
- Buddy– Male genital.
- Bumboclot- King of curse words.
- Bun- To get cheated on; also burn, kill, and to smoke. She gi ‘im bun ka im bun whole heap a herb. (She cheated on him because he smokes a whole heap of herb.) Di Rasta dem say, “Bun dung queer!” (The Rastas say, “Burn down (kill) the queers!”)
- Bupps– Financially providing for a woman. She bupps im out. ‘Im her bupps. (She played him for money. He is her sugar daddy).
- Bush weed– A term for rendering poor quality herb.
- Buss- To bust; like to bust a move; burst out; unruly.
Order the “Speak Jamaican” Program Online Now!