HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR RASTA NAME
Click here –>>for a list of Rastafarian names to choose from. So, why does Rasta change their name once they start to embrace the Rastafari Livity? The reason is to start a new. To commemorate the renewal of self. To tell the world that you are not a Babylonian any longer, and that you now Represent Jah. There for you need a new name tgo go with the new lifestyle and to reinforce that you are your own person now, instead of a name that represents being a slave to Babylon lies and tricks.
Jah Rastafari God, King Selassie I changed his name….
King Selassie I was born Tafari Makonnen. When he became King of Ethiopia, the High priests renamed him Haile Selassie I, which translates to “Power (might) of the Trinity” this is his coronation name.
- How to cook Ital Rasta food (6 Rules)
- What are some Rasta Meditation Incense?
- Jah Rastafari Morning Prayer
- 5 Rastafari View about money
5 Tips to help you choose Your Rasta Name
- Choose your Rasta name straight from the Bible
- Make up a Rasta name by using some Jamaican Patois words
- Put the word “Ras” in front of your birth name if you are a male, put the Word “Empress” or “Queen” in front of your birth name if you are a female.
- Use a word that is part of Rastafari Culture (Jah, Trinity, Haile, Lion, etc)
- Mix up these options
To learn more about the Rasta Way of Life, read the Ebook on amazon.com
List of Rastafari words to incorporate as part of your new Rasta Name
How I chose my (Jamaican) Rasta Name
My Rasta name is Yuajah (Yu – are – Jah)
I chose that name for myself soon after I started growing my dreadlocks. I knew before I grew my locks I was going to have to have a Rasta name to commemorate the change of spiritual awareness in my life, from Christianity (Baptism name) to Rastafari, spiritual heights name.
The word “Empress” for Rasta Woman….
I put the word “Empress” in front of my Rasta name to Emulate the name of Empress Menen. In Rastafari Culture most Rasta women like to put the word “Queen” in front of their Rasta name. I like Empress because it sounds more I-cient to me.
I like my Rasta name because it is original and consists of Jamaican Patois and incorporates the word Jah.
Rasta men are named “Kings….”
Rasta men are naturally called “King.” Some prefer the word “Ras” in front of their Rasta name, meaning “Prince” or “head.” Again it is a personal Choice. How to become a Rastafari King is now available on amazon.com
7 Steps to convert to Rastafari after you choose your Rasta name
- Throw out cow’s milk, meat and any packaged food from your refrigerator. Rasta eat only Ital food. Learn Rasta Ital food laws here.
- Hang your first Lion of Judah flag. It Represents Strength, Victory, Love and Africa…
- Read the King James Version Bible to seek truth and Wisdom
- Buy and eat only organic fresh fruits and Vegetables and dried natural foods (such as dreid apples and dried apricots etc.) for snaking
- Buy and Listen to more Music by Rasta Reggae music Artists; Capleton, Sizzla, Garnet silk etc.
- Wear Rasta Coloured clothing and symbols, such as the Lion of Judah, or face of Bob Marley
- Wear a Turban to cover your dreadlocks if you choose
- Why do Rasta cover dreadlocks?
- Rasta Beliefs on marriage
- How to be a true Rastafari
- 6 Rules to cook Ital food
- 7 Reasons why people become Rastafari
- How to Create your Rasta Name
- How do Rasta lock their hair?
- 7 Ital Food Recipes
- 67 spiritual uses for Incense
- The Bible: How to be Humble