7 Tips & Rules of Rasta Ital Cooking
Ital food diet of Rastas is close to a vegan food diet. The meaning of the word “Ital food” in Rastafarianism means “clean and natural food.” It’s easier to cook Ital food than you may think. Follow these 7 simple rules and tips to follow a natural Ital food, Rastafari Diet.
Ital food diet Tip #1: Omit Salt
– Adding salt to food kills the natural flavour. Rasta believes salt makes the spiritual experience of eating the food non-existent. Eating does have a spiritual component and connection to the Most High, that feels good for Rasta.
Ital food diet Tip #2: Natural Seasoning
– Certain foods and spices have an abundance of natural flavor. We can use them to season food for flavor, instead of salt. Foods such as…scallion, thyme, garlic, onion, pimento, tomato, and curry powder, are all common seasonings in Jamaican Rastafarian food. Try not to use black pepper. Rasta says its bad for mens reproductive organs, because it doesn’t break down in the body.
Ital food diet Tip #3: No Meat:
Rasta diet/recipes contain no meat. Rasta also do not eat any pork or shellfish. Rasta believes all meat and pork is “flesh” and “dead” and should not be ingested by the human body. In Rastafari it is commonly known that shellfish clean the bottom of the sea, therefor shellfish are unclean for Rasta to eat. Rastafari are allowed to eat fish, but only fish that have scales are edible, the fish without scales are not edible for Rasta as outlined in Leviticus 11:9: “These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.” Most Rasta now a days are opting not to eat fish, or chicken. They say they don’t want anything “dead” on their plate, because Jah is life.
Ital food diet Tip#4: protein & Greens:
Rasta’s love to include lots of protein and greens in the food we eat, to provide strength, to the body and help build up our blood. Rasta love to include, calaloo, spinach, broccoli, peas, and beans on our food plate. Common in Jamaican Rasta dishes are, Kidney beans, black beans, snow peas, black-eyed peas and more.
Ital food diet Tip #5: Color and texture of food
– Jah made eating food to be our delight. Food is fun to eat, when various colors and textures and provided to create an experience of variety, flavour and color. Try some bright orange squash, with some yellow ackee curried, and some lovely yellow plantain. Mix up various colors when cooking Rasta food meals.
Ital food diet tip #6: No Cows Milk
– Rasta do not drink cows Milk. Instead we opt for soy milk, or almond milk. Rasta says drinking the milk of another animal is nonsensical. Rasta also say cows recieve way too much hormonal, and other “unhealthy for consumption” injections. Rasta eats clean, natural, and healthy too!
Ital food Diet: Tip #7: Fruits & Nuts
– Rasta love to eat a lot of fruits and nuts. Fruit is good for Rasta to eat because its clean, natural, and meets all the requirements of Ital Rasta food. Nuts are a great food to pack, and eat “on the go.” Rasta like to shop for “organic whole foods” and organic fruits and vegetables, for healthy Rastafarian food diet. Dry fruits and nuts, bought in bulk, may be added to vegan desserts, such as non-milk soy based Ice cream, and Rasta Ital breakfast cereals in the morning. Cooking and creating Rasta Ital food and recipes, on an Ital food diet, is easy, once you know these 7 simple rules. Blessed Love.
- Rastafarian food
- Ital diet
- Ital recipes
Check out my Page on “7 Jamaican Rastafarian Ital Food Recipes” to try at home.
7 Ital food recipes – Rastafarian language – Rasta way of life – Jamaican men – convert to Rastafari – life as a Rasta woman – Jah Rastafari prayers – Rasta names – Rasta bible – how to become a Rasta – Jamaican Rasta blog
- “Rasta Man Way of Life” Book: 6 Rasta King Unity Connections
- "Rastaman" a tribute to all rasta man
- 10 Amazing Black Inventions!
- 10 things you should know about Rastafari
- 18 Jah Jah prayers: Jah Rastafari Prayers for tough times
- 5 Beliefs to teach your Rasta Child:
- 5 Rastafari views and Principles on Money
- 7 Reasons Why People Become Rastafari?
- becoming a rasta: can a white person be rastafarian?
- Do’s and Dont’s of Dating a Rasta
- Dreadlocks (Rasta) Etiquette!
- Empress Diary Entry, love and rasta books
- Haile Selassie Quotes: 5 “New Way of Life” Speech Quotes
- Hell – Whats it like? Is there really fire down there?
- how rastafarians lock their hair
- How to become a Rastafari King (book)
- How to cook Ital Rasta food: 6 Rules
- How to Increase Self Esteem as Black Human (page 5)
- How to make your dreams come true
- How to make your family Rastafari (7 Steps)
- Ital Food Diet: 7 tips to cook Rastafarian Ital food
- Jah Jah was not sleeping during Slavery
- Jah Rastafari Book: Beliefs and Way of Life
- Jah Rastafari Loves you: 5 things Jah Wants from you!
- Jah Rastafari Morning Prayer….blessed Love
- Jah Rastafari Prayer of Prosperity
- Jamaican Necklaces For Men: Beaded Rasta Jewelry
- Move to Jamaica: Me as Rasta, How to become Rasta, Jah Rastafari: my diary
- Move to Jamaica? More Rastafari, More Jamaican vibes, my roots and culture
- No More Black Woman and Black Man Love Relationships?
- psychic intuition, sixth sense: trust your feelings
- Rasta beliefs on love/dating/marriage….Just a sneak peak
- Rasta Book – Rastafari: Black peoples livity bible
- Rasta Inscence: Frankinscence & Myrrh
- Rasta Lion of Judah Meaning
- Rasta Livity: 20 Characteristics of a True Rastafari
- Rasta man (jamaican) – how to date him how to love him
- rasta marley reggae music: the fame of bob marley
- Rasta Regga music: becoming a Rasta, concious righteous rasta songs to buy online
- Rasta Way of life – Rastafari Livity Book
- Rastafari is my first love…but…
- Rastafari Necklace: Big and Beaded, Red Yellow Green Black!
- Rastafari Rules for Women
- rastafari you fill the need of my soul: What it means to be rasta in a poem
- rastafari: rasta man, rasta hats, rastafarian beliefs
- Rastafari: Spirituality for African Americans, New Rasta Blog
- rastafarian beliefs on marriage and relationships
- Rastafarian culture – The rastafarian religion, whats it really all about?
- rastafarian flag, red yellow and green, lion
- Rastafarian God: Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia
- Rastafarian Language: How to speak like a Rastafari
- Rastafarian Names: 25 Good Rasta names for Men/Women
- Rastafarian Religion: 10 Facts & Beliefs
- Rastafarianism – Rasta beliefs and Rasta religion
- Rastafarianism: Q & A
- sorry I traveled to Jamaica…but im back!
- The Perfect Rasta Man!!! (Beliefs and Ideology)
- What does it mean to be Rastafari? Are we Racists?
- What is a Rasta? 10 Facts of a Rastafarian spiritual mindset
- What to buy a Rasta for Christmas (20 Gift/Present ideas)
- Where is God?
- Why do Rastafarians Cover Thier Hair (Dreadlocks)?