How to cook Jamaican Rasta Ital Veggie Chunks
How to Cook Jamaican Rasta Ital Veggie Chunks with Jamaican Seasonings and keep it Ital Rastafarian.
You will need….
- 1, 8 oz bag of Veggie Chunks – order online or try a natural health foods store
- 2 small sized Carrots – chopped up
1 stacks of Scallion – chopped fine
- 1 large Onion – chopped up
4 Garlic Cloves – mashed up
½ of Scotch Bonnet Pepper – ripe and red
- ½ of Scotch Bonnet Pepper – ripe and green
- 1 medium sized Irish Potato
- 1 teaspoon of Pimento whole (do not crush them)
- Some Thyme in a bunch make it into a bundle by tying them
- together with some of the thyme sprigs. about the with of a nickle
- 1 ½ tablespoon of Sea Salt or no salt to make it Ital
- 1 tablespoon of Curry Powder
- ½ cup of Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup of Coconut Oil
- One medium sized dutch pot with lid
Ital food laws
Directions: to Cook Jamaican Rasta Ital Veggie Chunks
- Soak the chunks in water to cover it for 10 – 15 minutes. After that, drain of the water .
- Peel, wash, and diced all the vegetables.
- Put to heat a dutch pot on low with a dash of the coconut oil.
- After one minute, add the garlic and the curry powder.
- After 20 second of burning the curry, add the coconut oil, more coconut oil that allows the vegetables to cook and not burn. Keep adding coconut oil if needed.
- add the onions.
- Now set the stove to medium heat. Stir-fry all the ingredients for one minute.
- Next, add the soaked chunks. Continue to stir-fry until the veggie hunks are soaked with curry and seasonings.
- Now, add the water, and then coconut milk.
- Put the red and green scotch bonnet peppers in the pot whole. Stir in then put the pot’s lid on to completely seal the pot
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes on medium low Flame.
- add the tomatoes, diced Irish and sweet potatoes, and carrots.
- Stir in, allow to simmer for 10 minutes more on low flame.
- Total time to cook is 35 minutes.
- Veggie Chunks go great with white rice. Blessed Love
7 Tips & Rules of Rasta Ital Cooking
Ital food diet of Rastas is close to a vegan food diet. The meaning of the word “Ital food” in Rastafarianism means “clean and natural food.” It’s easier to cook Ital food than you may think. Follow these 7 simple rules and tips to follow a natural Ital food, Rastafari Diet.
- Ital food diet Tip #1: Omit Salt – Adding salt to food kills the natural flavour. Rasta believes salt makes the spiritual experience of eating the food non-existent. Eating does have a spiritual component and connection to the Most High, that feels good for Rasta.
- Ital food diet Tip #2: Natural Seasoning – Certain foods and spices have an abundance of natural flavor. We can use them to season food for flavor, instead of salt. Foods such as…scallion, thyme, garlic, onion, pimento, tomato, and curry powder, are all common seasonings in Jamaican Rastafarian food. Try not to use black pepper. Rasta says its bad for mens reproductive organs, because it doesn’t break down in the body.
- Ital food diet Tip #3: No Meat: Rasta diet/recipes contain no meat. Rasta also do not eat any pork or shellfish. Rasta believes all meat and pork is “flesh” and “dead” and should not be ingested by the human body. In Rastafari it is commonly known that shellfish clean the bottom of the sea, therefor shellfish are unclean for Rasta to eat. Rastafari are allowed to eat fish, but only fish that have scales are edible, the fish without scales are not edible for Rasta as outlined in Leviticus 11:9: “These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.” Most Rasta now a days are opting not to eat fish, or chicken. They say they don’t want anything “dead” on their plate, because Jah is life.
- Ital food diet Tip#4: protein & Greens: Rasta’s love to include lots of protein and greens in the food we eat, to provide strength, to the body and help build up our blood. Rasta love to include, calaloo, spinach, broccoli, peas, and beans on our food plate. Common in Jamaican Rasta dishes are, Kidney beans, black beans, snow peas, black-eyed peas and more.
- Ital food diet Tip #5: Color and texture of food – Jah made eating food to be our delight. Food is fun to eat, when various colors and textures and provided to create an experience of variety, flavour and color. Try some bright orange squash, with some yellow ackee curried, and some lovely yellow plantain. Mix up various colors when cooking Rasta food meals.
- Ital food diet tip #7: No Cows Milk – Rasta do not drink cows Milk. Instead we opt for soy milk, or almond milk. Rasta says drinking the milk of another animal is nonsensical. Rasta also say cows recieve way too much hormonal, and other “unhealthy for consumption” injections. Rasta eats clean, natural, and healthy too!
- Ital food Diet: Tip #6: Fruits & Nuts – Rasta love to eat a lot of fruits and nuts. Fruit is good for Rasta to eat because its clean, natural, and meets all the requirements of Ital Rasta food. Nuts are a great food to pack, and eat “on the go.” Rasta like to shop for “organic whole foods” and organic fruits and vegetables, for healthy Rastafarian food diet. Dry fruits and nuts, bought in bulk, may be added to vegan desserts, such as non-milk soy based Ice cream, and Rasta Ital breakfast cereals in the morning. Cooking and creating Rasta Ital food and recipes, on an Ital food diet, is easy, once you know these 7 simple rules. Blessed Love.
- Rastafarian food
- Ital diet
- Ital recipes
Check out my Page on “7 Jamaican Rastafarian Ital Food Recipes” to try at home.
7 Ital food recipes – Rastafarian language – Rasta way of life – Jamaican men – convert to Rastafari – life as a Rasta woman – Jah Rastafari prayers – Rasta names – Rasta bible – how to become a Rasta – Jamaican Rasta blog
- “Rasta Man Way of Life” Book: 6 Rasta King Unity Connections
- "Rastaman" a tribute to all rasta man
- 10 Amazing Black Inventions!
- 10 things you should know about Rastafari
- 18 Jah Jah prayers: Jah Rastafari Prayers for tough times
- 5 Beliefs to teach your Rasta Child: Book “Jah Rastafari”
- 5 Rastafari views and Principles on Money
- 7 Reasons Why People Become Rastafari?
- becoming a rasta: can a white person be rastafarian?
- Dreadlocks (Rasta) Etiquette!
- Empress Diary Entry, love and rasta books
- Haile Selassie Quotes: 5 “New Way of Life” Speech Quotes
- Hell – Whats it like? Is there really fire down there?
- how rastafarians lock their hair
- How to become a Rastafari King (book)
- How to Increase Self Esteem as Black Human (page 5)
- How to make your dreams come true
- How to make your family Rastafari (7 Steps)
- Ital Food Diet: 7 tips to cook Rastafarian Ital food
- Jah Jah was not sleeping during Slavery
- Jah Rastafari Book: Beliefs and Way of Life
- Jah Rastafari Loves you: 5 things Jah Wants from you!
- Jah Rastafari Morning Prayer….blessed Love
- Jamaican Necklaces For Men: Beaded Rasta Jewelry
- Jamaican Rastafari Empress Diary
- Move to Jamaica: Me as Rasta, How to become Rasta, Jah Rastafari: my diary
- Move to Jamaica? More Rastafari, More Jamaican vibes, my roots and culture
- No More Black Woman and Black Man Love Relationships?
- psychic intuition, sixth sense: trust your feelings
- Rasta beliefs on love/dating/marriage….Just a sneak peak
- Rasta Book – Rastafari: Black peoples livity bible
- Rasta Colors Wallet: Red Yellow & Green Striped!
- Rasta Inscence: Frankinscence & Myrrh
- Rasta Lion of Judah Meaning
- Rasta Livity: 20 Characteristics of a True Rastafari
- Rasta man (jamaican) – how to date him how to love him
- rasta marley reggae music: the fame of bob marley
- Rasta Regga music: becoming a Rasta, concious righteous rasta songs to buy online
- Rasta Way of life – Rastafari Livity Book
- Rastafari is my first love…but…
- Rastafari Necklace: Big and Beaded, Red Yellow Green Black!
- Rastafari Rules for Women
- rastafari you fill the need of my soul: What it means to be rasta in a poem
- rastafari: rasta man, rasta hats, rastafarian beliefs
- Rastafari: Spirituality for African Americans, New Rasta Blog
- rastafarian beliefs on marriage and relationships
- Rastafarian culture – The rastafarian religion, whats it really all about?
- rastafarian flag, red yellow and green, lion
- Rastafarian God: Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia
- Rastafarian Language: How to speak like a Rastafari
- Rastafarian Names: 25 Rasta Culture names for Men/Women
- Rastafarian Religion: 10 Facts & Beliefs
- Rastafarianism – Rasta beliefs and Rasta religion
- sorry I traveled to Jamaica…but im back!
- What does it mean to be Rastafari? Are we Racists?
- What is a Rasta? 10 Facts of a Rastafarian spiritual mindset
- What to buy a Rasta for Christmas (20 Gift/Present ideas)
- Where is God?
- Why do Rastafarians Cover Thier Hair (Dreadlocks)?
How to cook Ital Rasta Food with 6 Tips
- No Meat: – As Rasta we do not eat or cook beef, pork, shell fish, or anything that has a hoof and chews a cud, as written in the bible. Rasta are primarily vegan. We eat a lot of Salad, soup and fresh fruits and vegetables. Learn how to make Carrot Curried Soup.
- No Salt: – and we do not cook with salt. This is what makes the food Ital. Natural and clean. Overuse of salt, has. If Rasta must use salt we use sea salt only. Read More about Rasta food laws here.
- Abundance of Flavor: – When Rasta cook we aim to make the food flavorful without the use of salt. We use allspice, or we use onion garlic, thyme and tomato pimento, scallion, black pepper, coconut for flavor. Many Jamaican and Caribbean foods are cooked with this vegetable and spice combination.
- Fish with Scales: – Many Rasta love to eat fish, and some Rasta are Vegan. It is a rule from the bible for our spirituality (the nazirite vow) (deutoronomy and numbers) that we only eat fish with scales. Salt fish, red herring, king fish, are some Rastafari favorites. Rasta do not eat shell fish, such as shrimp, or lobster, or crab, as they clean the bottom of the sea, and are therfor are unclean for Rasta to eat.
- Protein and greens: – Rasta know it is important to eat a diet that promotes strength, especially when one is vegetarian or vegan. Rasta love to incorporate forms of protein and greens and other strength building foods in with their cooking such as beans, peas, nuts and greens, such as calaloo, okra, Yam,green banana, and broccoli.
- Color and texture: – There is an old saying “People eat with their eyes” You may mix some yellow ackee, with some green calaloo. Or dash some orange pumpkin in with white rice, Jah likes when we include various colored and textured food because it allows us enjoy the food exactly the way the earth grows the food for us.
6 Ital Rasta Food Recipes
||ITAL FOOD LAWS
| JAMAICAN PATTY
|| JERK CHUNKS
|| CARIB CAULIFLOWER
Blog Posts to Check out on Jamaican Love
- How to Cook Jamaican Patty from scratch
- How to Keep a Jamaican Woman Happy for real
- How to make Jamaican style Potato Salad at home
- How to get a Jamaican Girl to Marry You (you will enjoy reading this)
- 8 tips to kiss a Jamaican man or woman
- How to cook Hot Jamaican Cornmeal Porridge for Breakfast or Dinner
- How to cook for a Jamaican man some advice to make him happy
- Jamaican Language Translations for beginners
Ital food is fun and easy, to cook when you keep these 6 simple rules in mind.
Ital food is Jah food…Jah food is from Zion.
Blessed Love. check out my new book called “Jah Rastafari” on amazon.com
Love and Unity.