Marriage & Relationship in Rastafarianism
Sorry about the font size. I tried to fix it…didn’t change.
It is my firm belief that rastafarian couples have some of the most sound relationships. Why? Because they have a commonality, or love understanding, and commitment, which stems from their belief in God. Now I am speaking of Jamaican rastafarians. This is what I am, this is what I am familiar with.marriage advice rastafari tips and advice for men and women
50% of american marriages end in divorce – this is what the stats say
This is a fact and maybe that percentage has actually grown since the last time I checked. This is often because the ingredients were not there in the first place to make the marriage a success. What are the ingredients of successful marriage? From my spiritual perspective….
Many Rasta do not believe in marriage
Most Rastafarians are single
rastafarians with other rastafarians
Many rastas like to date and settle down with other rastafarians. Marriage to us is the fact that we are with this person, committed to the relationship, and sharing our selves with this person in a way we do not with others. Please note, I am a jamaican rasta, so my views are different from those of say, an american rasta.
I cannot date someone outside of my rasta spiritual beliefs
It is difficult for me, as a dread, to date outside of my spiritual beliefs. I absolutely cannot do it! Even if I tried, I could not do it. As a rastafarian women, to have a rastfarian man in my life is extremely important. Not because this is part of some written doctrine, but because I need to be with someone who understands me through and through. My spirituality is a very important part of who I am. I want to share this aspect of my self with another dread, and him sharing his self with me. Most rastafarian women of Jamaican heritage feel this way.
More Rasta Blog Posts
- Why do Rasta cover dreadlocks?
- Rasta Beliefs on marriage
- How to be a true Rastafari
- 6 Rules to cook Ital food
- 7 Reasons why people become Rastafari
- How to Create your Rasta Name
- How do Rasta lock their hair?
- 7 Ital Food Recipes
- 67 spiritual uses for Incense
- The Bible: How to be Humble
relationships of yesterday can effect marriages of today
I feel western society is spoiled, and when you have had many partners in your life time, people cannot see their partners anymore. Sometimes we only see what we want our partners to be. So we go for an upgrade. Sometimes this means a divorce, sometimes it means extra marital affairs, sometimes it means somebody younger, slimmer, with more money. The point is we need to start accepting the one we are with as the one we chose. And allow that person to be who they are. Is god a part of your marriage?
Is god a part of your marriage or relationship?
Is god a part of your marriage or relationship? The difference between a rastafarian couple having a relationship and a non rastafarian couple is, the way we love god is constant. We stay true to his teachings and the rules of the bible. We make love num#1 in all things we do daily. Love all things as creations of God and perhaps your relationships and or marriage, will be a lot healthier!A marriage should be about love, understanding and communication…this is the basis for a good healthy bond…rastafari! don’t get married, unless you both really want to here are some pointers for a healthy happy relationship…
- discuss everything
- make honesty a priority no matter what the subject
- decide to stay commited to the relationship
- share bible verses and bible readings together
- put god first.
If you are dating a rastafarian…
If you have the privilege of dating a rastafarian man or woman, you are a “lucky son of a …..” Really, i mean that… you most likely have someone who is 100 % committed to the relationship and who loves you like no other will. Rastafarians can be, and are pure love in human form. Not only that, chances are they see you the way god sees you. It doesn’t get better than that.
- love appreciation and respect for god on the part of both parties
- same spiritual beliefs without one having to convert to the others religion
- same beliefs about love and relationships
- friendship within the relationship
- lots of communication
- learning about god together on a regular basis
- commitment to never give up on the relationship
- getting married for love only and not for self fulfillment
Marriage – a rastafarian perspective
Do rastafarians believe in marriage? We don’t make a big deal about getting married, but most of us who are involved in serious relationships with people who are say, christian, or catholic ( non Rastafarians) we have very little issue with getting married if it’s what will make our partner happy. The success any relationship, Rastafarians believe, is a healthy loving relationship is about the commitment of the 2 people involved, from the heart.
what does it really mean to get married?
My question as a rastafarian woman to the people reading this is…what does it really mean to get married anyway? It doesn’t come with any “guarantees”. Relationships should be a bout love and only love. I feel many people who get married now a days, do so for reasons other than just love.
list of some of wrong reasons a couple might get married
- all their friends are married
- for financial gain from the marriage
- to be able to say, “I am married”
- to have their own wedding
- to feel more secure in the relationship
- to prevent child rearing out-of-wedlock
Want More Rasta beliefs in Depth?
Read my new book…
You will learn
- how to submit to your Rasta King
- a day in the life of a Rasta giving praises
- the use of internet, cell phones, and television in Rastafari
- Things deep Jamaican Rasta do not do…..and much more…
Just visit amazon.com
Rasta Books: Rasta Way of Life books
|Rasta Way of Life book||Life as a rasta woman book|