How to cook Jamaican Rasta Ital Veggie Chunks
How to Cook Jamaican Rasta Ital Veggie Chunks with Jamaican Seasonings and keep it Ital Rastafarian.
You will need….
- 1, 8 oz bag of Veggie Chunks – order online or try a natural health foods store
- 2 small sized Carrots – chopped up
1 stacks of Scallion – chopped fine
- 1 large Onion – chopped up
4 Garlic Cloves – mashed up
½ of Scotch Bonnet Pepper – ripe and red
- ½ of Scotch Bonnet Pepper – ripe and green
- 1 medium sized Irish Potato
- 1 teaspoon of Pimento whole (do not crush them)
- Some Thyme in a bunch make it into a bundle by tying them
- together with some of the thyme sprigs. about the with of a nickle
- 1 ½ tablespoon of Sea Salt or no salt to make it Ital
- 1 tablespoon of Curry Powder
- ½ cup of Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup of Coconut Oil
- One medium sized dutch pot with lid
Ital food laws
Directions: to Cook Jamaican Rasta Ital Veggie Chunks
- Soak the chunks in water to cover it for 10 – 15 minutes. After that, drain of the water .
- Peel, wash, and diced all the vegetables.
- Put to heat a dutch pot on low with a dash of the coconut oil.
- After one minute, add the garlic and the curry powder.
- After 20 second of burning the curry, add the coconut oil, more coconut oil that allows the vegetables to cook and not burn. Keep adding coconut oil if needed.
- add the onions.
- Now set the stove to medium heat. Stir-fry all the ingredients for one minute.
- Next, add the soaked chunks. Continue to stir-fry until the veggie hunks are soaked with curry and seasonings.
- Now, add the water, and then coconut milk.
- Put the red and green scotch bonnet peppers in the pot whole. Stir in then put the pot’s lid on to completely seal the pot
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes on medium low Flame.
- add the tomatoes, diced Irish and sweet potatoes, and carrots.
- Stir in, allow to simmer for 10 minutes more on low flame.
- Total time to cook is 35 minutes.
- Veggie Chunks go great with white rice. Blessed Love
|More Ital Rasta Food Diet Recipes|