How to cook Ital Rasta Food with 6 Tips
- No Meat: – As Rasta we do not eat or cook beef, pork, shell fish, or anything that has a hoof and chews a cud. Insert bible verse
- No Salt: – and we do not cook with salt. This is what makes the food Ital. Natural and clean. Overuse of salt, has. If rasta must use salt we use sea salt only
- Abundance of Flavor: – When Rasta cook we aim to make the food flavorful without the use of salt. We use allspice, or we use onion garlic, thyme and tomato pimento, scallion, black pepper, coconut for flavor. Many Jamaican and Caribbean foods are cooked with this vegetable and spice combination.
- Fish with Scales: – Many Rasta love to eat fish, and some Rasta are Vegan. It is a rule from the bible for our spirituality (the nazirite vow) (deutoronomy and numbers) that we only eat fish with scales. Salt fish, red herring, king fish, are some Rastafari favorites. Rasta do not eat shell fish, such as shrimp, or lobster, or crab, as they clean the bottom of the sea, and are therfor unclean for Rasta to eat.
- Protein and greens: – Rasta know it is important to eat a diet that promotes strength, especially when one is vegetarian or vegan. Rasta love to incorporate forms of protein and greens and other strength building foods in with their cooking such as beans, peas, nuts and greens, such as calaloo, okra, Yam,green banana, and broccoli.
- Color and texture: – There is an old saying “People eat with their eyes” You may mix some yellow ackee, with some green calaloo. Or dash some orange pumpkin in with white rice, Jah likes when we include various colored and textured food because it allows us enjoy the food exactly the way the earth grows the food for us.
Blog Posts to Check out on Jamaican Love
- How to Cook Jamaican Patty from scratch
- How to Keep a Jamaican Woman Happy for real
- How to make Jamaican style Potato Salad at home
- How to get a Jamaican Girl to Marry You (you will enjoy reading this)
- 8 tips to kiss a Jamaican man or woman
- How to cook Hot Jamaican Cornmeal Porridge for Breakfast or Dinner
- How to cook for a Jamaican man some advice to make him happy
- Jamaican Language Translations for beginners
Ital food is fun and easy, to cook when you keep these 6 simple rules in mind.
Ital food is Jah food…Jah food is from Zion.
Blessed Love. check out my new book called “Jah Rastafari” on amazon.com
Love and Unity.