7 Rasta Ital friendly Foods!
- red beans
- Plantain and Green Banana
- veggie chunks
#1 Chick Peas Ital Rasta food friendly
- I love chick peas because…
- They stay well in the refrigerator for the week.
- They go good with Rice, other veggies or sandwich or soup
- They can be mashed and seasoned
- You can make a nice Caribbean Roti out of them too.
- How to cook Ital Rasta food: 6 Rules
#2 Red Kindly Beans Ital Rasta food friendly
One Sunday my Mom cook a large pot of Jamaican style Rice and peas. I was eating Rice and peas the whole week and loved it.
I love Red Kidney beans because
- They have a nice flavor
- They are salty (if you like salty foods)
- They can be mashed
- The go very well in
- Jamaican Rasta Ital: Recipes #1 Ital Seasoned Cauliflower (1/5)
#3 pumpkin Ital Rasta food friendly
- pumpkin is one of the main ingredients of Ital soup
- pumpkin is easy to cook (boil)
- It goes with other foods easily. (fish, rice, veggies)
- Jah Rastafari Prayer for Asking Jah for Forgiveness
- Pumpkin soup recipe.
#4 Veggie Chunks Ital Rasta food friendly
This is my #1 Ital friendly food because it is so versatile. You can have chunks for any meal and season them anyway you like. Moist or dry.
- Soy Chunks can replace meat, chicken or fish
- Soy Chunks fit with any meal
- Soy chunks are filling so you don’t feel hungry after.
- How to cook Jamaican Rasta Ital Chunks
- Ital Food Diet: 7 tips to cook Rastafarian Ital food
#5 Okra is Ital Rasta food friendly
- Okra is good when you want some strong greens
- okra goes great with fish (If you eat fish)
- Okra is good as a side dish with foods that have a lot of flavor
- Okra can be boiled or fried
- Haile Selassie Quotes: 5 “New Way of Life” Speech Quotes
#6 Plantain and Green Banana
- Great as a break fast food
- Goods easily (boiled)
- Cooks super fast
- Good for dinner or lunch and kid friendly
- How to Praise Jah…. Psalm 150! Give Thanks.
#7 Lentils Ital Rasta food friendly
- Lentils are so versatile.
- You can eat them with rice
- lentils soup
- Lentils mashed
- Lentil stew with some onion garlic and curry powder.
Tasty Lentil Soup Recipe
I love to eat Lentils because they are high in fibre, high in protein, and are a very flexible option when maintaining an Ital food diet. Lentil soup is the best, because it has weight to it, and takes well to various seasonings and spices.
Ingredients & tools:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped (white, brown, yellow)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large carrot, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 cups / 400g dried lentils, green (or brown), rinsed and drained
- 400g / 14 oz crushed tomato
- 1.5 litres / 1.5 quarts / 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock / broth
- 1/2 tsp each cumin and coriander powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Large pot
- 1 lemon (zest + juice)
- Salt and pepper
How to prepare
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add your garlic and onion, and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Put in your celery and carrot. Cook it for 7 – 10 minutes or until your ingredients get soft. This step is the key to great lentil soup flavor, so take your time.
- Put in all the remaining ingredients except for the lemon and the sea salt. Then Stir it all up.
- Increase the heat and bring to a simmer. There may be a build upon the top. Scoop the surface off (do this again during cooking if necessary). Place the lid on the top and turn the heat down to medium low. Cook for about 35-40 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Thicken the Soup: using a whisk stir 2 or 3 times to thicken it.
- Add a little water if you want to thin the soup out.
- Season with a little sea salt and pepper (curry powder optional)
- Grate over the zest of the lemon into the pot.
- You are done.
|A RASTA WOMAN BOOK|