How to Cook Jamaican Curried Tofu
To cook Jamaican curried tofu, you will need….
- 1 pound of tofu
- Light soy sauce
- Little bit of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Jamaican curry powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 / 4 cups of baby carrots
- 1 medium roma tomato diced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1 cup of water
- 1 vegetarian bouillon cube
- 15 ml of flour
- Dissolved in 45 ml of water
(green peas, or finely chopped cauliflower optional)
Ital food laws
Drain the Tofu and slice it into 8 – 10 pieces.
Sprinkle both sides lightly with the soy sauce, and season to taste with the salt, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and curry powder
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add the tofu, and fry on both sides until firm and golden.
Transfer it to a plate and set it aside
Add more oil to the skillet if needed, then add the onion, potato, and carrots and sauté until tender.
Season with a pinch of salt and add the tomato, scallions, thyme, allspice, 1 cup of water and bouillon
Bring to a boil, then add the flour and water mixture and cook until the sauce begins to thicken
Return the tofu to the skillet and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
*serve over rice or vegetables*
Makes 6 Servings
|More Ital Rasta Food Diet Recipes|