5 Interesting facts about Rastafari
- Rastafari is NOT a religion: There are many that think Rastafari is a religion the same way as Christianity, Judaism,Hinduism, Islam, etc.But Rastafari is actually not a Religion but more a way of life. This is more understood when you understand that many Rastas do not grow up in Rasta families, or do not have Rastafarian parents. We also do not practice any strict prayer times, or days of worship.
- Rastafari stems from Christianity: Rastafari comes from a strong belief in Christianity. In fact most Rastafarians of Jamaica, were Christians before accepting themselves as, and embracing themselves as, “Rasta”
- Rastafarians are vegetarian: Rastas believe eating meat is eating “flesh”, and that just can’t be a good thing. Many of us prefer to stick to the same diet of Jesus Christ. Fish, Bread, Vegetables, Honey and Milk….Check out The Bible to learn more.
- Many Rastafarian Women Cover their hair in public: Many Rastafarian women cover their hair in public. There is a passage in the bible (Corinthians 11: verse 9) which reads “She should cover her head”…”The woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head…” which many women of Rastafari adhere to.
- Many Rastafarians believe Haile Selassie is Jesus Christ: Many Rastas believe Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia, (crowned king of Ethiopia in 1930) Was the second coming of Jesus Christ our Lord and savior.Did you know Emperor Haile Selassie was known to have touched and petted Lions without getting mauled? That is pretty spectacular! I was told they were his personal pets, but I still think its amazing. To learn more facts about Rastafari, read my book “White Rastafari.” Jah Bless.
If you enjoyed this blog post…you might enjoy reading about King Dawitt of Ethiopia.
Rasta Blog Posts Buy Category
- Uncategorized (14)
- rastaman (21)
- rastafarianism, rasta religion (41)
- rastafarian culture, rasta man, rastafarians (16)
- rastafarian beliefs (49)
- Rastafari Teachings & Reasoning (8)
- Rastafari my Spirituality (21)
- rasta shops, rasta hats (9)
- rasta love (14)
- rasta lion, rastafari jewelry (13)
- rasta flags, jamaican flags, rasta culture (8)
- Rasta Dating and Jamaican Love (11)
- Rasta book (6)
- Ras Tafari /Emperor Haile Sealassie (26)
- love and love pains (13)
- jamaican recipes, jamaican restaurants (8)
- jamaica, jamaican culture (43)
- Jah-Rastafari and God (30)
- bob marley, reggae music (23)
- Rasta way of life
Rasta Way of Life Book
Rasta Books: Rasta Way of Life books
|Rasta Way of Life book||Life as a rasta woman book|